Hello everyone and welcome back! I am here today with a recipe that I actually made at the beginning of October and just now remembered to share it! my family has been really pushing me to publish this strange concoction that I actually found on Pinterest one day when searching for a recipe to use up a bucket load of green tomatoes that my mother-in-law brought from Kansas. So i can link the original recipe i followed down bellow but with anything I do in the kitchen I tweaked the recipe to fit what i had on hand so I didn’t have to fuss with the grocery store. I know that it per say may not be paleo and the best for me to write about while working on PROJECT COME BACK but its a simple and delicious recipe to put in your cookbook for that day when you may have to many tomatoes and don’t know what to do with them. You can make this recipe with any type of FRESH tomatoes you have on hand, mine just happened to be green tomatoes. With out any more chitter chatter lets get into it.
- 3-6 tomatoes
- pie crust
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
*You can either make your own pie crust or buy a pre-made crust
- Preheat over to 350
- Set home made or pre-made pie crust into pie pan
- Cut about 4-6 tomatoes into 1/4 slices (hamburger slices)
- Saute the garlic and onion until the onions are see through
- starting with tomatoes on the bottom layer tomatoes, garlic onion mixture and cheese until you fill the pie dish
- When filled back in the over for 15-20 minutes
- After the timer goes off sprinkle more cheese on top of the pie and back until cheese is golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
After you are all done backing your “pie” allow it to cool for a little while because it will be steaming hot right out of the oven! So the variation that I did is super simple and to the point and it was delicious, defiantly a meal side dish that i will be adding to the books. Here are a few other takes on the delicious side action. Hope you enjoy don’t forget to subscribe to the blog and like your favorite posts so i know what to keep writing about.