I am far from a music snob, I was raised on a wide variety of music and due to that I really love any type of music that makes me feel good as a person and that has the ability to make my body move! I am a HUGE believer in the power of music and its ability to feed into your emotions, in some of the crucial times in my life I have leaned towards music to help sustain my mind while navigating through the turmoil or excitement of the journey laid upon me. To be completely honest there are times where I listen to 6 different genres of music in a single day just based off of what activity I am doing. So enough of my jibber jabber here are my TOP 5 Spotify playlists.
- Relax and Unwind – this playlist plays straight to my soul. This playlist was the one I turned to while in the hospital when my husband was diagnosed with cancer. It is folky and is soothing, I find so much comfort in the songs in this playlist. This is 8 out of 10 times the playlist that I play while blogging because it is feel good music that is soft and allows my mind to wander the most while sitting here typing.
- Country Hits – this one is kind of inevitable I married a country boy and was raised in rural Colorado this one is a tribute to growing up. When I am in the kitchen either making dinner or folding my homemade sourdough for the eleventh hundredth time you can probably find me jamming to this and singing along with my man Kane Brown.
- Happy folk– lately my inner flower child has been immerging and I have found a humbling comfort in mountainy folk music. Just listening to the acoustic guitars, banjos, and the soft voiced singers make me want to find the nearest cabin in the middle of the woods and snuggle up into a blanket with unlimited coffee.
- Rap Caviar– when I say that I have a wide variety of playlists I mean it, the trap queen inside of me every once in a while comes out and it is the funniest thing watching my husband gawk at me super awkwardly try to dance to rap music. And in the most white girl way try to rap along side Migos and Cardi B ( I love Cardi B)!
- Five Finger Death Punch Radio– this one is newly added because my husband has within the last year really turned me on to 5fdp. Last year for Dylan’s birthday we even went to their concert when they came to Denver and it was one of the best concerts I have ever been to (cant beat King George for my 13th birthday). When we make the 4 hour trek to Kansas to see Dyls parents we jam to five finger the entire way.